Tuesday, April 3, 2018

2nd April Ferret Day

Yesterday was Ferret Day and I thought momentarily about including it on my blog, but as not many people  in Australia really keep ferrets as pets, I didn't. Then today my friend at Momo Celebrating Time to Read wrote about a new Australian poetry book on her blog  which included a poem from Brisbane author/illustrator Elizabeth Nussey which had a line saying 'ferrets fandango' so I reneged and thought why not include it on my blog.

The library had five ferret books, five more than I thought we would have! And Lorna Hendry's wonderful new book Pets  also has ferrets so we can do a Ferret Fandango display!













My Pet Ferret  by Lynn Hamilton
Fergus - Fabulous Ferret  by Alison Prince
A Small Ferret Wrote This Book by Rebecca Elliott
 The Ferret's a Foot by Colleen A.F. Venable
This is Book 3 in a graphic novel series especially for young readers called Guinea Pig Pet Shop Private Eye
Ferret on the Loose by Heather Gallagher

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for mentioning me. Not so sure I like ferrets! You are right kids used to have them as pets I remember they sometimes bought one to school! I can give you the new poetry book so don't buy one for your school.

    ReplyDelete