Saturday, May 13, 2017

13th May Train Day

Train Day is celebrated on the Saturday closest to the 10th of May. The students I teach, all of whom are under eight would not see or catch a train very often. Where they live is not on a railway line, yet I still have many small boys who are fascinated by trains. I think the fascination probably starts with Thomas the Tank Engine, but it moves on to Benedict Blathwayt's Little Red Train  series and then I find that most of those smitten will borrow any train book. Consequently the library has a good collection. Some of the more borrowed ones are here:

1 comment:

  1. A few of my boys are interested in trains. This is such an easy family outing. Just catch a train and enjoy the ride and as you say the children we see don't catch trains very often. I only have three of the books in your collection but I will hunt out some others.

    ReplyDelete